As my dear friends will know, I've been waiting for a letter/referral from the hospital! Well the letter arrived on Saturday morning! what a load of gobbledegook!!! the first page said use this phone number and ignore the phone numbers on the second page....huh!! So after hmmmming and ahhhhing, I decided first thing Monday morning when I woke at 6am! that I would book the appointment online, after logging into the website and just getting to the crucial part my laptop decided 6.30am was too early and switched itself off!!! helpful? Not really, So I waited 15 minutes and tried again only to be shown a screen that said dial this number 0845......... to unlock your account as it is now locked/blocked due to incorrect logging out!!!! Argghhhh, so I duly dialled the number and was put through to a chap who unlocked my account and asked did I want to make the appointment over the phone as I was speaking to him, I said no, I wanted to look at the available appointments and be able to choose!!! Well in the end I took the first available appointment which is Sept the 7th!!!! Then at 8am, I rang my Doctors surgery and asked for an appointment to see my GP who is dealing with it all... my appointment time (10.10) rolled around and Alun dropped me off and I went in to wait, several people offered me their seats, which I said was very kind but no point as it was too painful to sit down! So I get called in to see Dr G at 10.30 and he asked me if I could sit yet and I said no, we had a quick chat about the Sept 7th appointment and he said that it was good, as it could normally take up to 4 months.....He also threw into the conversation that because I am a 'larger lady' that the consultant may decide not to operate, offer physio until I had lost enought weight or do keyhole surgery!!! He then recommended I try Orlistat! which another Doctor had offered me and when I went to discuss taking if with the nurse she admitted that she didn't want me to take it and try the portion plate instead,
Which is what I have been doing ever since!!!! He then asked me did I have any feeling in my foot and upper leg yet to which I answered no, (same as last time) so he said well I did show typical signs for my condition, gave me a prescription for calcichew again as I asked him if I should still be taking it and no more mention of the stopping of cocodamol, I am presuming this is because I said I was getting breakthru pain and it seemed pointless..... So later on Monday evening I spoke to one of my oldest friends and her daughter is doing training to become a pharmacy assistant and she (the daughter) said how did they tell you to take the drugs? so I said what I was told on the containers.... 1 of these, 1 of those and 2 of them (all three times daily) now the first two I thought had to be taken together..... and the other 2 had to be taken in the interim, No, she says try taking one of these, then an hour or so later one of those and then a couple of hours later 2 of them, them being the cocodamol, well as the Dr hasn't given me any more I am gonna try soluble cocodamol and then put in a repeat request on Thursday and ask for some more cocodamol again..... depending on how the new drug taking routine goes over the next few days!!!!
Ahhhhh, now this hurts, in the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom and sat blogging there! When I went to stand up, my left foot had gone totally dead and when I went to walk the pain that shot through my ankle was just like the pain I had when I badly sprained my ankle a few years ago.... Anyway after shouting to Alun, he helped me back to bed and here I am about to take one of those!!!
3 comments:
Oh dear! It all sounds like a big nightmare. Hope you wake from it soon. At least Alun was able to help you back to bed. Hope you got back to sleep too. *big hugs*
That is so irritating! I certainly hope they don't tell you that you can't have surgery until you lose weight, how are you supposed to lose weight if you can't move! I would like to come and punch them all for you for making you have to live with this all for so long! Surely they can prioritise appointments by severity of the case!! Hope the new medicine routine helps.
Like Carin says how on earth can you lose weight if you can't move around freely.
I do hope that they will offer you surgery asap when you see them in September (((((hugs))))))
Have you put yourself down for a cancellation if one comes up?
Karen xx
Post a Comment