After having intermittent back pain since February and being sent for an emergency MRI scan on June 29th to Weston General Hospital and being sent home without having had a scan and with pain killers and being told I have a severe case of sciatica! I contacted my GP again for a repeat prescription and he was not at all happy that the MRI wasn't done so he contacted another hospital and I went there on Sunday the 11th and yesterday evening (19th July) I rang the surgery to be finally told that the results were in and I had a telephone appointment the next morning with Dr G. who informed me that the MRI showed that I have a prolapsed disc. My GP said that looking back thru my past history and visits to other doctors in the same surgery and being brushed off and told that I wouldn't have these problems if it wasn't for my weight, that this has been going on since at least Feb, he has said he will request an urgent referral and then I will be having to have an op to remove the rogue disc and then fuse the 2 vertebrae together... So at least I will be getting sorted! I am really disappointed with one doctor at the surgery who examed me so twice and said there was nothing wrong and she couldn't see the reason for my lack of feeling in my left foot and constant back pain! I am just thankful that it was picked up before the cauda equina lesion condition that was first suspected actually developed! and I want to say a huge thanks to all my dear friends online and local to me who have phoned me up, emailed me, called in to see me, one mum even stopped my husband in the school playground and gave him 8 fresh bread rolls that she had just baked!!! Ali P, They were delicious!! So thank you to all my teamies from uks (Heatherblossom, Cherry Pie, Debbie R 61, Whisker biscuit aka Dee, Nona aka Fi, GeordieJules, Julieann and Quinnan aka Chrissie,) Alibri and the all ladies on the sketch and scrap social group, The two Amanda's, Carin, Denise, Gemma, Jane, Jess, Judith, Karen, Lee, Linda, Lou and all the wonderful twilight addicts social group that I may not have mentioned, not forgetting The Crafty Foxes too, to all the ladies who chat on the Red Ribbon House Thread, Gottacraft aka Sandra, Winnie in Oz, Wonky Jo, Ally-Cat, Angelfish-Fiona, SarahsCards kit and Gottacraft kit threads... You are all wonderful ladies who have kept me going and boosted me up when I've been flat on my back!!! and of course my FaceBook Friends too but the few and fabulous who need to be thanked and I will be forever in your debt! Heather in Holystone, Vicki, Sam, Ali P and Nicola R in Portishead, Marie in Sunderland, Lesley H in Durham, Sarah C in Cambridge and Linda B-S-D in Swindon lol and of course my biggest but littlest, bestest sister in all the world Amanda and her fabulous Husband Colin, The best parents-in-law in the world, John and Irene and the man who brought me love, life and 3 gorgeous children, Alun.... You are the centre of my world and I love you with all my heart xxxxx and lastly to two ladies I will probably never even meet but has kept me going... Stephenie Meyer for bringing into my life Edward, Bella and Jake (not forgetting the delicious Rob Pattinson) and Charlaine Harris for Sookie, Bill and Eric (again Thank you for Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgard)




One last final message to my brother Kevin - "Hey, How You Doin? ;-D "
Thanks for looking
L xxx
5 comments:
This is relatively good news. Not so good that you actually have to have surgery, but good that it is something that can be dealt with and recovered from. It is so great that you have a good support system as you will need that during your postop recovery. Please keep us updated. XOXO
*big hugs* You are so blessed to have so many people supporting you and caring for you. I hope you can have the op soon and be free of the pain and pills. Sending you lots of love from down under!
Lisa i do hope this is sorted for you soon. We need you fit for the retreat in November. I know I'm a long way away but if there is anything I can do let me know
Take care
XX
totally love the photo of the 3 bairns, ya have to scrap it immediately if not sooner:)
love the new craft table and i want all those punches! lol
I am so pleased that they have finally got to the bottom of the problems and I do hope that you will get things sorted as soon as possible - we need you fighting fit for our twilight retreat in Feb next year as I am so looking forward to finally meeting you.
Been thinking about you lots whilst I was away so just had to come and look at your blog for updates even though I haven't started the unpacking yet!!! I will be back in the Twilight group very soon but need to attend to a few home things first.
(((Hugs)))
Karen xx
Post a Comment