Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Hmmm, Now how do I go about this then? Ah yes, I'll get by with a little help from my friends!

Some of you know that i've not had the best of health recently... So after a few blood tests and a visit to get the results from the Doc, I thought it was just me being me!

Then Friday evening, I had a phonecall from the receptionist telling me that Doctor wanted to see me for a double appointment to discuss the results of my recent tests..... Well goodness knows what went thru my head over the weekend!!! suffice to say, I worried and went thru a box or two of tissues too!

Now, I have the news, it appears my thyroxine levels are up the spout again! and also my Vitamin D and Calcium levels are virtually depleted too! which is a bit of a bugger cos I try to stay out of the sun cos I have a skin condition that is aggravated when I am in the sun!!! so I came out of the Docs after half an hour, (mind you, I had waited 50 minutes to get in to see him!) with 4 prescriptions!!! FOUR!!! ointments and pills galore, I shall positively rattle for the forseeable future!

Just want to say thanks to a few wonderful people who care and waited with me, allbeit miles away!! I won't embarrass you ladies by naming you but you know who you are and I love you to bits!!! And of course Mr Wonderful himself, who sat up and hugged and cuddled me and wiped away my tears too, Love you, Slim!

6 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Hope it won't be too long before the meds kick in and you will be bouncing around again.

I too have to keep out of the sun as I have had lots of moles in the past turn funny, so I have to take vit D too. Still us palefaces will have less wrinkles us a result - shame we don't sparkle too LOL!!

Sandra said...

(((((((((big hugs))))))) Glad you've seen the doctor. And with all those meds, you'll soon be back to being you ... good and healthy:) xxx

Carin McDonough said...

Hmmm I did think you were being a little quite for your normal exuberant self! Glad you did not have to worry alone and had good friends and your wonderful DH to look after you. (((((((((Big Hugs)))))))). I am very glad to hear it is something that can be reasonably easily sorted out because you know we all love ya, you are the glue on our SG ;) Hope the meds work quickly and you feel better soon. x

Lelly said...

Lisa, Hope the meds start to work soon and you start to feel better. If you fancy a chat ring me ( and I promist I wont be so shocked this time :lol:). Take care
XX

My not so simple life said...

Huge hugs love. Glad it wasnt anything sinister. :) Hope the meds start working soon and you feel your bouncy self again. :) I think you need a holiday. Maybe to a cottage somewhere with a lot of likeminded friends. lots of pretty paper, some dvds. Maybe next febuary? What do you think? Lol

Winnie said...

***big hugs*** Lisa. So glad it wasn't anything more serious. Will pray you feel better soon. Well done to Alun for sticking by you and being the bestest hubby! ***more big hugs***