
My darling girl is now a teenager and this photo is one of the last pics taken of her the night before... I wanted to take a pic of her still 12 and I clicked before she had a chance to turnaround... When I saw this image though it took me back to laying in a hospital bed with a bag of pink & white clothes all carefully folded waiting for her to be born....as 7.33am on April the 9th she came in to the world...all 9lbs 9oz of her! Seeing this tho made me realise my baby girl is no longer a baby... she has life waiting for her and all the joys of life and maybe just a little of heartache... for having learned that you don't get to my age without a bit of it but it's the heartache that makes all the rest of life sweeter... I love her to absolute pieces and love the way that whenever she puts her hair up you can see those strands of wayward hair that refuse to be included.... Well, that moment is now over a week old and she has laughed and cried a few times since then and one of these times was this moment, she is not really a cake lover but likes a brownie now and then so we got her a birthday brownie!
and cos you can't fit 13 candles on a brownie she was happy to have one and indulged her parents by letting us sing Happy Birthday to her too.... This image is rather grainy because it was taken from a film of us singing to her and the moment just before she blew out the candle...
That's a simple moment (or two) and if you want to join in
here is the link that will take you back to Alexa and where she has shared a moment of hers too.
Bye for now
Lisa
x
8 comments:
This is lovely Lisa :)
it's a poignant one for me - twelve was a landmark year for me and it's an age I have thought long and hard about as my own two reached it. All my very best to her for the future!
Oh, this is full of bitter sweetness! How lovely that she is cared for by someone who loves her so … and sending every good wish for her nd your future as Mum and daughter. And I so remember those escaping tendrils at the back of my own daughter.'s head. Thank you so much for adding your enriching moment this month …
Very touching post, hope she has as little heartache in her life as possible.
Wishing her a happy birthday
being pregnant at this moment of my own daughter I almost cry feeling your emotions
thanks
xx
cris
lalchimisteartisane.blogspot.com
A very touching post and lovely photos :)
Such a lovely moment Lisa. When Maddie turned 18 last year I sobbed buckets :) x
Hmm that made me feel rather teary! K will be 13 in a few months too and I find that thought happy and sad at the same time! Where has the time gone? Well at least you know your sweet little girl is growing up into a wonderful, beautiful and intelligent lady. :)
Post a Comment