Friday, 18 June 2010

A trip to the opticians....

I've been mainly making cards this week! 5 in fact! (I will blog them on Sunday evening, by then the recipents should have opened them) So after school tonight we took the kids to the opticians to have Ethans' eyes tested and didn't tell the other 2 that in fact they were also booked in too!  Duncan the optician was an absolute star and kept all 3 entertained and chatted to them non-stop, he even said it was ok for me to snap away when I explained I scrapbooked too!

So apparently these glasses make you see 3D effects when you look at certain pics!
Getting ready to do some testing!
 
 
The next test was checking the actual eyes or as Duncan told the kids, he was checking so see if their brains were working!!!
And then we went out into the main shop area and Ethan chose his glasses which should be ready in about a weeks' time!

 Next we called in to Waitrose on the way home to grab something for dinner and by the time we left there it was bucketing down outside, so we legged it for the car and when we got home and the kids had emptied their school bags, Dominic suddenly shouted "Mummy, look what I got today!"
And then I felt awful because I forgot to mention that last Friday he came home with this!!! 

And while I am being a proud mum I'd better mention that he also came home mid-week with a silver award certificate for reaching 250 house points!!!

Yay! Go Dimka!!!

Then we all tucked in to pizza and garlic bread for dinner!

Thanks for dropping by

L xx

5 comments:

Jess Grey said...

Yay go Dominic!! Sounds like you had fun at the opticians, Tessa so doesnt look impressed in her first pic! xx

Carin McDonough said...

Those photos are so cute! I am sure he is going to look totally adorable in his new glasses! Yay for Dominic for all his awards :):):) Pizza looks fab, Tuesday is our pizza night and the kids look forward to it all week, they like us to tape the boxes back up and put the pizza in it (we eat one each!) and then knock on the door and deliver it for them. We get £200 a pizza and kisses for tips ;)

My not so simple life said...

Well done wee man!! Very proud mummy and rightfully so. :) Glad opticians went well.

KraftyKaren said...

I love the little peeks at your family life Lisa. All the best people wear glasses - me included!!!

Winnie said...

What a star Dominic is!!! And you wanted to send him here?!?! LOL Love the photos of them at the Optometrist. They'd make a fun LO!