Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Necessity is the sister of thingumywhatsit!!!

A few years back I bought a butchers block type island for the kitchen with my eye on it to become my scrapping desk!!! Anyway to cut a long story short we had to keep it in the kitchen cos someone forgot to have drawers put in a kitchen unit that they had chosen when the kitchen was re-designed!!! (guilty m'lud!!) so since then I thought ooh a die-cutting and stamping station would be a good use for the said unit!!  Nope! says the tall one!!! D'oh says the short fat one (aka me!) then last night it struck me (not physically you understand! but a Eureka moment!!!) I have been staring it right in the face and not given it a moments thought but what if I cleared off my therapist trolley and put the stuff away and voila!!!


One mobile die-cutting station!! with extra storage on the bottom shelf for layouts yet to be sorted into albums too...

It would appear that one is not just a pretty face after all!

Thanks for looking

L xx

10 comments:

Jess Grey said...

Smarty pants!! Can you come and sort my storage out please xx

My not so simple life said...

well done! looks brill. :)

amanda mary said...

Come on over.. my cupboard is groaning at the seams.. LOL

Winnie said...

Well done! Fantastic Eureka! moment and that's what I call creative thinking. LOL

Carin McDonough said...

Lol, I am glad I am not the only one who looks at butcher block type islands and thinks they would make great scrapping space! Fab idea, m'lady things on wheels so you don't have to get up all the time are always good ideas! ;)

Sandra said...

Beautiful and talented! is there no end madam LOL. What a fabulous idea.

Unknown said...

What a smart move Lisa, use what you have around already which leaves you more pennies for stash purchases! I love it :)

KraftyKaren said...

Yay Lisa brains and beauty - what more could you ask for??

Great idea - hmmm now where could I fit a trolley in my lounge/diner??????

Lelly said...

Fab idea Lisa

Allycat x said...

Glad the trolley didn't hit you literally when you had your Eureka moment!!! Fab idea!