Monday, 1 July 2013

This month I are mostly...

Crocheting!! 3 inch squares...I bought the yarn from clickoncrafts.co.uk. It is Sirdar Calico in the colours of Peachie (darker peach tone - 0710), Amber (lighter peach tone - 0714), Hopsack (a pale sage green - 0709), Banana (a soft natural yellow - 0733) and Cotton White (which is well...white - 0723) Hopsack and Peachie are two of the new colours and I think that Amber may have been discontinued which is a shame because its one of my favourite colours. I bought 3 balls of each colour (15 in total) and the plan is to keep it on our bed but it may end up being "borrowed" by one of my boys as they have both said they would like a blanket made... like the one their big sister has on her bed...

So far I've crocheted 38 squares & I've not even finished the first ball from each colour!!
 And this is the pattern I plan on using... sort of a steps design I guess

7 comments:

Sian said...

The colours are lovely! Sometimes I find good deals on discontinued stuff at Janette's Yarns..just somewhere else to have a browse!

Jo said...

I love the colours you've picked and can't wait to see the finished blanket x

KraftyKaren said...

Gorgeous colours - I wish I could crochet, I need a new throw for in the spare bedroom and it would be so awesome to make it myself. Look forward to seeing the finished article xx

alexa said...

You are so creative! This is looking lovely already and I love those soft shades. No wonder everyone is clamouring for one!

My not so simple life said...

great colours, cant wait to see the finished blanket

Jess said...

Love the colours, can't wait to see how it comes out. I'd like to try crochet but it looks complicated lol!

Carin McDonough said...

Wow you have been busy! Looks like it is going to be a lovely blanket. I started crochet but just never had the time to do it so gave up, but I always get the urge to go and do some whenever I see someone else making nice things! Problem is I don't think I even remember how to do it lol ;)