Friday, 12 October 2012

a couple of things I've made lately...

I made this card for the daughter of a friend on Facebook... she was hoping to make her daughters birthday extra special... as it may be her last! I think she got over 400 cards by the time her birthday arrived!



















Then I picked up my crochet hook again and some wool, I use Sirdar Calico, mostly because it crochets up nicely but its looks good too. Anyway, there I was crocheting away when Mr Wonderful asks what I was making... "Dunno yet!" says me... Tj said she wanted a beanie!! I was planning on a beret.. so anyway it's a beanieberet! and here it is being modelled by the owner...




This is how I think it should be worn but wearers wear the hat the way the want don't they!!
Thanks for dropping by and ooh today some goodies arrived that I'd ordered to make beads with, now I just have to find a pasta machine to roll out the clay! Bye for now Lisa x

8 comments:

Jo said...

That hat looks lovely and the photos are gorgeous. Beautiful card xx

Jess said...

Love the hat, beanieberets are the next big trend xx

KraftyKaren said...

Fab hat and a great model for it!!! Beautiful card too - love the seam binding bow xxx

My not so simple life said...

love the hat and beautiful card :)

Julia said...

Love the hat and your daughter is beautiful :)

Sian said...

What a gorgeous model for that fabulous hat!

I bet that lovely card was much appreciated too :)

alexa said...

Isn't she the best for modelling lovely things! What a smile :).

Alison said...

Aren't you talented - and how versatile! Love the beanie/beret idea - wish I could do stuff like that, but I don't have that kind of patience! I think your friend's daughter will be very happy with the card, too - so pretty! x