Saturday, 13 November 2010

The Day after the Night before or otherwise known as the Day of Two Birthday Cakes!!!

So I ended up with a few more presents courtesy of Lizzy, Tessa's friend (a pot begonia), Sam and Vicki bought me a willowtree tealight holder (I collect willowtree) I got some gorgeous chocolate truffles covered in french cocoa and a fab box of chocs from my parents-in-law on top of the stash they had already bought for me!!! We all sat down to an oriental style meal courtesy of the wonderful Alun.... and my brilliant sister and her lovely hubby bought me something so unique, that they had it made specially for me!!! and it is totally fabulous! I can't stop raving about it... lol
















Christopher helped me blow out the candles! well.... he is only 3!
















The man with no head carries the cake in and says "blow the candles out woman, this cake is heavy and the heat from all these candles has burnt my head off!!!"



















Another fantastic present! Made especially for me!!!





















Just a small list of my favourite things and things about me!!!





















Thanks again for dropping by and have a great weekend, I shall be celebrating all weekend and scrapping yesterdays events too, after all it isn't everyday you are 40 is it!!!

Lisa xxx

4 comments:

Alison said...

Wow! What a fantastic and really personalised pressie - those kind of presents have to be from someone who knows you VERY well, of course! But it is lovely. :) What a treasure trove for your birthday!

Unknown said...

What a great pressie to receive Lisa xx And the chocolate cake looks scrumptious, even with ALL those candles on !!!

KraftyKaren said...

What a wonderful present and it looks like you had a fab day too. You deserved it all.

K xx

Carin McDonough said...

Wow, I just love that chalk board from your sister, what a truly fab present! It is so nice to see photos of you, especially with such a big happy smile on your face :)