Saturday, 18 April 2015

A little bit of this and a lot of that...

Over the last few months I've been working on sewing projects (embroidery) and battling fibro flare ups. I said to Mr W that it seems to be one big flare up these days....  And now... my back has decided to join in too! the last time it went was over the weekend that we went to our crafty friends weekend. Mr W decided we would go home on the Sunday morning as he could see me getting worse over the morning...

Since then I've been gentle with myself and tried taking things easy as me and the daughter had reserved a place on Jane's Air Clay & Polymer Clay workshop... so sad that we missed it but... Jane is so lovely that she is doing another at her home and I'm going to go there on Sunday (26th) will have to take notes and pics tho as the daughter is away with my sister :D

So, here are a few things that I've done....

A birthday card for my lovely friend, Carin. I used some Brushos and some stamps by Ryn.

































The next card is one I did especially for my Mother in Law. She is a great person and does a lot for her family and I felt the card was perfect for her. I chose a design from a book by the late Jo Verso.

























When my youngest finishes school in July that will be it for us and Primary school so I have done a piece of work for our boy to give to his teacher... it should be framed by then too.

 The next five little pieces are for a project I'm working on... sort of a printers tray thingy about me and Mr W..





 I also did a piece which has our wedding day on but its disappeared for now :/

 This piece below is for my sister and her husband, I made a quilt cover for their wedding present (that took 5 years!) So, I thought I'd do a piece to commemorate their day.




Here is a piece I made to show Fibromyalgia and how I feel about it!  and if you know Latin then maybe you'll know what it says!















And last but not least.... here is a piece I'm working on at the moment.










 The verse says "how doth the little busy bee  improve each shining hour and gather honey all the day from every opening flower"

and I've just noticed the isn't a second L in little! Gah... time to dig out the unpicking scissors!

Anyway, there will be bees along the top and flowers along the bottom and possibly up the sides too!











Thanks for dropping by and see you next time

Lisa


update as of 3pm 18/4 missing letter is now sorted :D

5 comments:

alexa said...

Gosh, you have so much wonderful material in here, you could have made a series! So intricately done, and I think the card for your mother-in-law ... Sorry to learn you're not well, and hope you'll be better very soon.

Sian said...

I know some Latin :)

And I love those Jo verso books. I'm still sad there won't be anymore. You have made great use of the patterns

Jo said...

You have been a busy bee! I love what you've been doing x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Wow! You've been so productive. I bet your MIL was chuffed with that lovely piece. I studied Latin for a year, but I have no idea what that means.

Lisa said...

Thanks for your lovely comments ladies. I've done some more since then too