I'm teaching myself to crochet after many years... I was telling a few of my teamies over on UKS that my mum tried to teach me to crochet by starting me off doing granny squares! These, however always ended up as balls!! ideal for cat toys!
So, On my work desk today is the wool that arrived this morning at 7.55 from Kirsty at Samuel Taylor 's and the bamboo crochet hooks that I bought on eBay from Knitterknacks... very soon I shall be starting a blanket in the lilac, green and cream colours.
Thanks for dropping by
Lisa
x
11 comments:
Pretty soft colors Lisa! Looking forward to your project!
Ooooh I love the colours of your new wool, they are so pretty :)
Have a lovely WOYWW,
Karen #41
That's a very Lucy-esque photo, with your wool in that fab bag you made:)
Lovely choice of colours Lisa what sort of blanket are you doing
XX
very nice colors! enjoy crocheting! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #28
good luck with your blanket, Happy WOYWW.
Andria #32
I can remember my mother trying to teach me to crotchet - not my thing but my dolls had some nice blankets!!
Oooh very exciting, I can't wait to see the finished project :) I started crochet last year I think and then it just kind of got lost in all the other things I had to do but I saw the most gorgeous crochet wrap the other day on Kim Sonksen's blog and am dying to start again. I just need to order a book with instructions because I don't think I remember how. lol
If I can teach myself to crochet Lisa, I’m sure you can!
Strangly, one of the first things I made was a bedspread. I was in my teens (to many years ago) and I still have it. It was made with flower motifs that were all joined together.
The colours that you’ve chosen for your blanket go beautifully together.
I look forward to seeing your progress.
Happy Easter and Crafting!
Sue
x
That wool looks lovely Lisa, I love the colours. I wish I could crochet, well done for persevering and cracking it! x
gorgeous colours, have fun
Post a Comment